Catching Germs at School
Healthy hygiene habits at home can help keep schools out of the hot zone.
Helping kids develop healthy hygiene habits at home can go a long way to reducing the spread of germs in school.
Here are three simple steps you can take:
1. Take 5 to Disinfect
To kill 99.9% of the germs* on hard, nonporous surfaces that can cause colds and flu, use Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes to disinfect household surfaces kids touch most at home:
- Refrigerator handles
- TV remotes
- Toy storage bins
- Light switches
2. Teach Kids the ABCs of Healthy Hygiene
- Always wash hands before and after eating and after using the bathroom, with soap and warm water, for at least 20 seconds — the time it takes to sing “Happy Birthday” twice.
- Be aware of germs, and know where they can hide, especially on shared school supplies.
- Cough and sneeze into elbows or tissues, not hands.
3. Donate Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes
Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes kill 99.9% of germs, including the viruses that can cause the common cold and flu,* but more than half of teachers have to buy their own. Do yours a favor, and donate wipes to help keep your child’s classroom cleaner and healthier, especially at the start of the school year, and during cold and flu season.
*Influenza A2, Rhinovirus type 14
Products You Can Use
Advice From Our Experts