5 Healthy Habits for Avoiding the Flu
Keep yourself healthy with these essential tips.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that you take everyday actions to stay healthy this flu season.
1. Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
2. Wash your hands with soap and water. Alcohol-based hand rubs are also effective.
3. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way.
4. Stay home if you are sick. And limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
5. Disinfect frequently touched surfaces like bedside tables, bathroom surfaces, children’s toys, door knobs, light switches and telephones.Don’t forget to pick up some Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes this cold & flu season! Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, World Health Organization. Web sites www.cdc.gov, www.who.int. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) believes, based on available scientific information, that the currently registered Influenza A virus products will be effective against the new H1N1 virus and other influenza flu strains on hard, nonporous surfaces.