Cleaning Up After Pets
Keep pet hair & stains under control with these easy steps.
Dust wipes for hair
Keeping dog hair under control is a breeze with Clorox® Triple Action Dust Wipes.
- Use the extra-large size (which fits on sweepers) to quickly clean pet hair from hardwood and tile floors. Start on the edge of the room and sweep or wipe your way in toward the center.
- Use the regular-size for stairways. Begin on the top stair, wiping pet hair out of the corners. As you work your way down the stairs, reposition the wipe in your hand so a clean portion is ready to grab more pet hair, dust and allergens.*
*pet dander, dust mite matter and pest matter
Urine remover for pee stains
Sometimes even the perfect pet has an off day. Or maybe you just welcomed a new puppy into your home. Here’s how to clean up the piddle puddles:
- On hard, nonporous floors, first wipe away excess pee with a towel. Spray the stain directly with Clorox® Urine Remover until completely covered. Wait 5 minutes, then rinse with water and wipe dry with a clean towel.
- On colorfast carpet, rugs, upholstery and mattresses, first blot away excess pee with a clean, dry absorbent cloth. Spray Clorox® Urine Remover directly onto stain until completely covered. Wait 3 minutes, then wipe with a clean damp cloth. Keep the treated area clear of people and pets while it dries completely. Remember, always test for colorfastness on a hidden area before use. Not recommended for silk or leather.
- On sidewalks and outdoor tile, first hose down surfaces to remove excess dirt and debris. Spray Clorox® Urine Remover directly onto the stained or smelly area and simply allow to air dry. (Don’t rinse the product into a storm drain, lake, stream or other body of water.)
Clorox® Regular Bleach2 for disinfecting pet’s toys & bowls*
If you don’t like slimy dog toys and dirty dog food dishes, how do you think your dog feels? It’s easy to keep these items sanitized with Clorox® Regular-Bleach. Here’s how:
- In a plastic dishpan, add 2 teaspoons Clorox® Regular Bleach2 to one gallon of water and stir to mix.
- Add pre-washed pet bowls and plastic dog toys to the bleach and water solution, and let them soak for two minutes.
- After 2 minutes, drain and air dry.
*use as directed and keep away from children