How to Wash & Dry Your Clothes
Washing and Drying 101: A refresher course for even the most seasoned launderer.
Tips for whites:
- Use Clorox® Regular-Bleach for white and bleachable items only. Always add the bleach and detergent to the wash water before you add the clothes or use your washer’s bleach dispenser.
- If you are using a washer in a public laundromat, wash your white load first with Clorox® Regular-Bleach. That way, you’ll kill the germs from other users.
- For the whitest whites, wash your all white load in the hottest water recommended on the care label with detergent, and half a cup of bleach. (Avoid bleaching wool, silk, mohair, leather and Spandex.)
Tips for colors:
- Start the washer. Fill the cap of Clorox 2® Stain Remover and Color Booster to line 1 for normal loads, and line 2 for extra large loads. When the drum is filling with water and before you add your clothes, pour Clorox 2® Stain Remover and Color Booster into the wash drum along with your laundry detergent.
- Use liquid Clorox 2® Stain Remover and Color Booster with liquid detergent, and powder Clorox 2® Stain Remover and Color Booster with powder detergent.
Products You Can Use
Advice From Our Experts