Our washing machine has a special port for liquid bleach. Unknown to us, the plastic port cracked, allowing some bleach to enter the housing of the washing machine. Over time, this bleach has rusted portions of the machines housing, as well as crystallizing within the machines. We did not spot the problem until some of the bleach began leaking on the floor.
We are trying to clean the crystallized bleach off of the housing. It appears that copious amounts of water may be a solution to removing the bleach, but some of it is in hard to reach places. We are also in a confined space.
What would be the best method to remove the crystallized bleach and to stop the corrosion process?
This is a very unusual one. A couple of suggestions: