How to Use Clorox® Wet Floor Mopping Cloths with Other Mop Tools
Mopping floors is an easy way to keep your floors in great condition. There are a variety of options, so read on to learn how to mop a floor and determine the best way to mop a floor to fit your lifestyle and your home. You’ll learn different types of mopping as well as how to disinfect your floors while you mop.
How to mop a floor — and how often you mop — depends on the level of mess. For most of us, mopping floors daily with a wet mopping cloth or wet mop following a quick sweep or vacuum is enough to keep messes under control.
Continue reading for all kinds of helpful tips and to learn how to mop a floor, including different types of mopping such as with mopping cloths or a wet mop. You’ll also learn how to clean floors with a mop in one easy step with Clorox® Scentiva® Disinfecting Wet Mopping Cloths1.
Tools for mopping floors
Before jumping right into mopping floors, it’s helpful to get all your supplies together.
For a convenient way to mop a floor, you’ll need:
- Clorox® Scentiva® Disinfecting Wet Mopping Cloths in your favorite scent
- Swiffer® Sweeper2 or another standard mopping tool
Another option for mopping a floor is to use a wet mop and floor cleaner. For this method, you’ll need:
- Floor cleaner
- Hands-free wringing mop or another mop of your preference
- Clean towel
- Gloves (if your hands are sensitive to cleaners or if required by use instructions)
When you don’t have time to spare, Clorox® Scentiva® Disinfecting Wet Mopping Cloths are a quick and convenient solution for mopping floors. They are pre-saturated with cleaning solution and fit Swiffer® Sweeper2 and other standard mop heads. They’re ultra-textured to trap 4x more particles, dirt and pet hair3, kill 99.9% of germs4, and are safe to use on sealed or finished hardwood floors.
These floor wipes will also freshen your room with uplifting long-lasting scents without harsh chemical smells. Clorox® Scentiva® Disinfecting Wet Mopping Cloths come in three elevated scents:
- Tuscan Lavender & Jasmine: Lavish yet delicate balance of lavender and blossomed jasmine petals
- Pacific Breeze & Coconut: Vibrant, enticing scent of freshly shaved coconut carried on a warm ocean breeze
- Fresh Brazilian Blossoms: Elegant blend of florals with layers of lush fruity notes
For information on indulging your home beyond your floors, check out additional Clorox® Scentiva® products.
Another option for mopping floors for a deep cleaning is to use Clorox® Bleach to to mop a floor when used as directed.
Read on for the steps for how to mop a floor using wet mopping cloths, bleach, or other cleaning products.
Steps for mopping a floor
Before mopping the floor, use a soft broom, dry mop or microfiber cloth to pick up dust, pet hair and loose debris such as dirt and gravel. You can also use a vacuum to clean hardwood floors before you mop; just make sure it’s on the hardwood floor setting.
For a convenient way to quickly and effectively mop a floor, use Clorox® Scentiva® Disinfecting Wet Mopping Cloths and follow these simple instructions:
If you prefer a wet mop and bucket method, follow this tried-and-true procedure for mopping floors:
Best practices for mopping floors
No matter how you choose to mop a floor, these mopping tips can help you clean better.
- Note that there shouldn’t be any standing water left on the floor as you mop. Water sitting or pooling on hardwood floors can cause damage.
- You can help your floors dry faster by opening windows or setting out fans, which will also help to freshen the whole room.
- Make sure the area you’re cleaning is well-ventilated.
- Keep kids and pets away while floors dry (which may be easier said than done!).
- Mop floors during times when there is low traffic in your home. Keep safety in mind to avoid injuries like slipping and falling on wet floors. When mopping hardwood floors, try working in small sections to be sure you can manage rinsing quickly and effectively.
- To make your life easier: Don’t use too much soap or cleaner in your mopping solution. This will help prevent leaving behind any residue, which can build up, become sticky and make it more difficult to sweep up dust and other loose debris.
Make mopping floors part of your cleaning routine today
There are many methods to mop hardwood floors. Find the one that works best for you and make it part of your regular cleaning routine, and you’ll start to enjoy the ease and rewards of wet mopping and cleaning your floors.
1. Clorox® Scentiva® Disinfecting Wet Mopping Cloths are not for use on unpainted wood and unfinished, unsealed, unpainted, waxed, oiled or worn surfaces. Test a small area first.
2. Swiffer® is a registered trademark of The Procter & Gamble Company.
3. vs. Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes
4. When used as directed on hard, nonporous surfaces.
Products You Can Use
Advice From Our Experts