Removing Wine Stains
How do you remove wine stains?
Here are two great techniques—you can decide which to use depending on the item you will be washing.
For stained items that are white:
- Rub the stain gently with Clorox® Bleach Pen Gel immediately before laundering.
- Wash immediately in the hottest water recommended on the care label with detergent and ¾ cup Clorox® Regular Bleach2.
- Air dry and check for success. If residual stain remains, repeat the treatment.
- Remember to avoid bleaching wool, silk, mohair, leather, and spandex, even if they are white!
For stained items that are colored:
- Apply Liquid Clorox2® Stain Remover and Color Booster and rub into stain.
- Wait 3-5 minutes, and then wash immediately in hottest water recommended on the care label using detergent and Clorox2® Stain Remover and Color Booster.
- Air dry and check for success. If residual stain remains, repeat the treatment
I hope this helps!
Readers – Have you had any issues with wine stains? How did you remove the stains?