Help Prevent Allergic Reactions
Allergens are nothing to sneeze at and keeping them at bay is tough. Here are some tips.
The allergens that find their way into your home and make your kids miserable with sneezing can seem impossible to eradicate. How does one get on top of the situation? It takes time, but with preventive measures you can get to the point where you’re no longer losing in this battle.
- Allergy filters are now sold for vents throughout your house. Accompany these with an air purifier with HEPA (“high efficiency particulate air”) filter, and you’ll drastically reduce the dust, pollen, mold and bacteria in the air moving around your home.
- Dehumidifiers also discourage mold from growing. Dust and vacuum, and spray soft surfaces in bedrooms with fabric refresher every few days.
- For hard, nonporous surfaces, use Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes to wipe up dust.*
- And for fabrics, use Clorox® 4 in One Disinfecting Spray to sanitize fabrics, as well as help reduce allergens.†
- While your child is sleeping, stow her teddy bear and other furry toys in a plastic bag in the freezer for a few hours. This cool down will kill dust mites, which are prime allergy-causers.
- Use plastic, hypoallergenic cases on mattresses, box springs and pillows to prevent allergens from creating a home in these frequented spots.
*Use as directed on hard, nonporous surfaces.
†Cockroach matter, dust mite matter and pet dander
Products You Can Use
Advice From Our Experts