I have a HE machine, and I use bleach several times a week on our household whites. My questions are:
- Is the disinfecting/sanitizing quality the same as Regular bleach when using HE Bleach?
- Is the bacteria fighting/killing quality the same in Clorox’s scented bleach products as with regular bleach?
- Do I have to use HE bleach in an HE machine? Clorox Regular bleach is less expensive and comes in larger containers.
P.S. My friends call me Clorox, because I clean everything.
Thanks for your question. How do you like the HE washer? Thanks for being a loyal fan and using our bleaches!
Let’s address your questions below:
- We formulated the Clorox® Regular Bleach2. By law we must register with the EPA any product that claims disinfecting properties. Clorox had chosen to only register Clorox® Regular Bleach2 due to the cost and restrictions that this places on our formula development and marketing. So while some bleach products have the same or higher bleach active level, we cannot claim that they disinfect without risking fines from the EPA.
- It is slightly different with the scented products. These have a lower bleach active level than Clorox® Regular Bleach2 and are not registered with the EPA.
- No, you do not have to use Clorox2® Stain Remover and Color Booster, make sure it is added in the DETERGENT dispenser rather than the bleach dispenser to avoid oversudsing.