Several Clorox Products Effective Against h1n1 (Swine) Flu
The Clorox Company is working closely with public health organizations to support their efforts to educate people about protecting themselves from swine flu and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has advised Clorox that disinfectants effective against Influenza A are also effective against the 2009 H1N1 flu virus (swine flu).
The following hard surface disinfection products can help prevent the spread of the germs that cause 2009 H1N1 flu: Clorox® Regular-Bleach₂ with CLOROMAX®, Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes and Clorox® Clean-Up® + Bleach.
Hand Sanitizers Included in CDC Recommendations to Help Prevent Spread of Germs
Also, in accordance with recommendations by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), institutional customers, such as hospitals and healthcare providers, can turn to Clorox Commercial Solutions® Anywhere® Hard Surface™ Sanitizing Spray to help kill germs on hands. The CDC recommends the following everyday steps to protect your health:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you get sick with influenza, CDC recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
Clorox Products that are effective against Influenza A:
- Clorox® Clean-Up® + Bleach
- Clorox Commercial Solutions® Clean-Up® Disinfecting Cleaner with Bleach1
- Clorox Commercial Solutions® Disinfecting Spray
- Clorox Commercial Solutions® Disinfecting Wipes
- Clorox Healthcare® Bleach Germicidal Spray
- Clorox Healthcare® Bleach Germicidal Wipes
- Clorox® Pro Quaternary All-Purpose Disinfectant Cleaner1
- Formula 409® Cleaner Degreaser Disinfectant
- Tilex® Disinfects Instant Mildew Remover
- Clorox Commercial Solutions® Germicidal Bleach1
- Clorox® Disinfecting Bathroom Cleaner
- Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes
- Clorox® Regular-Bleach₂ with CLOROMAX®
- Formula 409® Multi-Surface Cleaner
- Tilex® Mold & Mildew Remover
For More Information: For more information on how to stop the spread of flu viruses on surfaces at home and in public places, visit the CDC’s pandemic flu web site at http://www.flu.gov/individualfamily/panfacts.html or at http://swine-flu.alltop.com/.
Products You Can Use
Advice From Our Experts