How to Disinfect a Phone
With our cell phones being one of our most touched surfaces, it’s important to know how to disinfect a phone to help slow or prevent the spread of any infection or germs. There are several simple steps you can follow to help effectively and safely disinfect and clean your phone screens and case using Clorox® disinfecting wipes.
If you’re unsure if our Clorox® bleach-free disinfecting wipes will be able to disinfect your phones, including Apple products, not to worry. Apple recommended Clorox® disinfecting wipes and other similar bleach-free disinfecting wipes to effectively and safely clean every Apple product.
Here’s How to Disinfect Your Phone Screen and Case*
- If your phone’s manufacturer’s guide says bleach-free disinfecting wipes are an appropriate way to clean your device, begin by turning off and unplugging your phone.
- Wipe the screen, tops, sides and back of your phone. Avoid getting any liquid into the buttons or other openings.
- Clean your phone case thoroughly. Don’t use Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes on fabric or leather cases.
- Let the surfaces air dry.
- Text this article to your friends and family.
For a full list of phone-friendly Clorox® disinfecting wipes, check out our products page here.
* For electronics, please refer to manufacturer’s cleaning instructions.
Products You Can Use
Advice From Our Experts