Removing Wine Stains
Q: How do you remove wine stains?
A: Here are two great techniques—you can decide which to use depending on the item you will be washing.
For stained items that are white:
- Rub the stain gently with Clorox® Bleach Pen® Gel immediately before laundering.
- Wash immediately in the hottest water recommended on the care label with detergent and ¾ cup Clorox® Regular- Bleach.
- Air dry and check for success. If residual stain remains, repeat the treatment.
- Remember to avoid bleaching wool, silk, mohair, leather, and spandex, even if they are white!
For stained items that are colored:
- Apply Liquid Clorox® 2 Stain Fighter & Color Booster and rub into stain.
- Wait 3-5 minutes, and then wash immediately in hottest water recommended on the care label using detergent and Clorox® 2 Stain Fighter & Color Booster.
- Air dry and check for success. If residual stain remains, repeat the treatment
I hope this helps!
Readers – Have you had any issues with wine stains? How did you remove the stains?