Happy New Year!!!
Ok, I’m baaack in the office and ready to roll for 2007! Since a lot of my colleagues are still away this week, it is relatively quiet at work, making this a great time to reflect on the past year and gaze into the future.
Here are some random thoughts on both:
I am really proud of my blog and what we have accomplished since it launched in May. Thanks for all your well-wishes and questions along the way! My goal was to provide a resource for people to get laundry-related information and have a forum to answer questions. I think I have done that in an entertaining way and plan to continue this approach this new year.
- The blog has also allowed me to share both professional and personal moments.
- My Holiday Stain Hotline provides information on removal of the Top 10 holiday stains. It was so successful that we have done it for two years in a row.
- The Clorox® UltimateCare™ Premium Bleach introduction was challenging and exciting as I co-hosted several introductory events with Robert Verdi and met a large number of editors from around the country.
- This led to interviews with newspapers, magazines and Web sites, all of which I enjoyed. There is a certain thrill to see yourself quoted in various newspapers and magazines!
- It was exciting to throw out the first pitch at the Sacramento Rivercats (Minor League Baseball team) game and attended the Busch race at Fontana.
- When my brother-in-law passed away in July, I eulogized him here. It definitely helped my grieving process. Over the holidays, my family gathered on the big island of Hawaii to honor Marshall’s last request that his ashes be spread over the waters of the island he loved to visit. The family also followed a Hawaiian tradition by creating a large memorial to Marshall. If you drive north on Highway 11 toward the Kohala Coast and just pass the Waikoloa turn off, you will find this fitting tribute to a truly unique individual on the side of the road.
So here’s my toast to the great start in 2006 and that 2007 will not only continue the tradition but take us to new heights!
Also, I know a lot of you have written in with questions for me over the holidays, and I plan to take the beginning of this year to get back to each of you. Sorry for the delay!