Getting ready for Turkey Day
It’s about that time again, and I can almost smell the turkey cooking! Thanksgiving is a holiday full of family, friends, fun and plenty of yummy foods and drinks. However, before the festivities comes all the holiday preparations, and that can lead to feelings of chaos. It can be so stressful preparing everything for guests around the home. The holiday rush always seems to lead to sloppy spills and stains, and while I’m happy to offer clean-up solutions for these messes, it’s also a good idea to slow down and possibly prevent careless spills before they happen.
Remember, the holidays are just days, not weeks or months. If you’re feeling the holiday stress, make sure you take some time out for yourself so you don’t feel overwhelmed by the hustle and bustle and end up with a greasy gravy stain on your favorite khaki pants or cranberry sauce on your nice white couch. Don’t be afraid to share the preparation responsibilities with your kids and family and enlist the help of your guests. I personally love to volunteer for kitchen and set-up duty because I find it a great way to get caught up with people we don’t see very often.
As for those unavoidable messes and spills, here are my recommendations for products you can use to make sure your Thanksgiving celebration happens without a hitch.
- Clorox has a great lineup of products to get your home clean and sparkling for your guests. From general cleaning with Formula 409® and Pine-Sol® to tough messes with Clorox® Clean-Up™ spray cleaner, you will be getting the job done quick and complete.
- For accidents in the kitchen, keep a supply of Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes on hand to clean up after food spills and prevent the spread of bacteria on your countertops.
- Got a stain on your stripe shirt or blouse? Grab a Clorox® Bleach Pen™ and bleach the spot and into the wash it goes!
- To remove a red wine stain from clothing or table cloths, rinse the stain immediately in cold water and pre-treat with Clorox 2® Bleach for Colors, or our newest product, Clorox® UltimateCare™ Premium Bleach and then into the washer they go. Remember, fresh stains are much easier to remove than old ones!
- If children will be present at your party, use Clorox® Anywhere Hard Surface™ which is gentle enough to use around kids and food, but powerful enough to kill 99.9 % of bacteria on those hard surfaces.
- For a spill on your hardwood floor, grab a Clorox® ReadyMop® to quickly clean your floors so you can get back to enjoying your party.
Stay tuned for more Turkey Day stain removal secrets that will make you thankful for Clorox!