Cleaning & laundry tips
- Healthy Home
How to Iron and Store Laundry
Try these handy solutions for making your laundry look its very best.
Here’s some less-pressing ironing advice:
• Move freshly ironed surfaces away from you as you iron.
• Iron collars, cuffs and hems on the wrong side first.
• Hold pleats in place with paper clips when ironing.
• Place a sheet of aluminum foil under your ironing board cover to effectively iron both sides of your garment at once.
For those times when you’ve mixed the lint producers with lint magnets, consider these lesser-known lint-removal devices:
• Address labels
• Express delivery label pouches
Hang on! The laundry isn’t officially done until you’ve put everything away in its proper place.
• When tumble-dried clothes are dry — preferably when they are still warm — hang them up or smooth them out and fold them right away. Avoid having them sit and cool in a crumpled state.
• Clothes that should be folded include: T-shirts, sweaters, jeans, sweats — basically anything knit or stretchy.
• Clothes that should be hung include: creased or pleated items, button-down shirts, khakis — anything that wrinkles easily.
• Wooden hangers with a rod work for most hangable items. Choose padded hangers for fragile items, and hangers with rubber clips for skirts (metal clips might dent the fabric).
*Copyright © 2010 Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. REAL SIMPLE is a registered trademark of Time Inc. Used under license.
Looking for Tips?
- Cleaning a Washing Machine
- How To Remove Wine Stains From Colors
- How To Remove Wine Stains From Your Whites
- How to Clean Baby Clothes
- How to Clean Washing Machines
- How to Pretreat Ink Stains
- How to Test Bleachability
- How to Use Bleach
- Ironing & Storing Laundry
- Laundry Prep
- Laundry Symbols
- Using HE Washing Machines
- Washing & Drying
- BBQ Sauce
- Baby Food
- Bacon Grease
- Burger Drip
- Cooking Oil
- Food Grease
- Ice Cream
- Lip Balm
- Motor Oil
- Red Wine
- Soy Sauce
- Sriracha Sauce
Sign up now to help #StopTheSpread of cold & flu at home!
New Clorox® myStain™ App
A library of how-to tips and tricks for life's medley of mess.Show More