Cleaning & laundry tips
- Healthy Home
Washing machines collect a lot of dirt and soil during the laundry load. Most debris is washed away with the water in each load, but over time a buildup of dirt can occur. That’s where Clorox® Washing Machine Cleaner comes in handy.
For HE Washers with a “Maintenance Cycle” or “Clean Out Cycle”:
- Select the “Maintenance Cycle” or “Clean Out Cycle”
- Fill the machine bleach dispenser to the maximum level with Clorox® Washing Machine Cleaner.
- Allow the washer to run a complete cycle on hot water to freshen the machine.
For standard machines or HE machines without a designated cycle:
- Select the “Hot” water setting on your machine.
- Select the “Extra Rinse” option, if available.
- Add Clorox® Washing Machine Cleaner to the bleach dispenser. Fill to the maximum level.
- Run the cycle through its completion.
Looking for Tips?
- Cleaning a Washing Machine
- How To Remove Wine Stains From Colors
- How To Remove Wine Stains From Your Whites
- How to Clean Baby Clothes
- How to Clean Washing Machines
- How to Pretreat Ink Stains
- How to Test Bleachability
- How to Use Bleach
- Ironing & Storing Laundry
- Laundry Prep
- Laundry Symbols
- Using HE Washing Machines
- Washing & Drying
- BBQ Sauce
- Baby Food
- Bacon Grease
- Burger Drip
- Cooking Oil
- Food Grease
- Ice Cream
- Lip Balm
- Motor Oil
- Red Wine
- Soy Sauce
- Sriracha Sauce
Sign up now to help #StopTheSpread of cold & flu at home!
New Clorox® myStain™ App
A library of how-to tips and tricks for life's medley of mess.Show More