Cleaning & laundry tips
- Healthy Home
Healthy Habits For Avoiding the Flu
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that you take everyday actions to stay healthy this flu season.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Wash your hands with soap and water. Alcohol-based hand rubs are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way.
- Stay home if you are sick. And limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces like bedside tables, bathroom surfaces, children’s toys, door knobs, light switches and telephones.
Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, World Health Organization. Web sites www.cdc.gov www.who.int
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) believes, based on available scientific information, that the currently registered influenza A virus products will be effective against the new H1N1 virus and other influenza flu strains on hard, non-porous surfaces.
Looking for Tips?
- 5 Germiest Hot Spots in Your Home
- 5 Things to Donate to a Classroom
- 5 Things to Have Ready at Home for School
- 5 fun ideas for keeping kids clean
- 5-Day Planning Guide for Back-to-School
- Catching Germs at School
- Disinfect & Protect
- Don’t Take the Flu Back to School
- Don’t Take the Flu Back to Work
- Flu Facts
- Flu Prevention Tips
- Germ Games for Kids
- Practice good health habits
- Vaccine Q&A
Sign up now to help #StopTheSpread of cold & flu at home!
New Clorox® myStain™ App
A library of how-to tips and tricks for life's medley of mess.Show More