Cleaning & laundry tips
- Healthy Home
Germ Games for Kids
Wash Germs Away
Ages: 3 & up
Estimated Time: 5 minutes
Things to Consider: Be sure to tell your kids not to touch their noses or eyes while cinnamon is on their hands.
Rub a little vegetable oil on your child’s hands, then sprinkle with cinnamon “germs” while explaining that real germs are too small to see. Be sure to tell your kids not to touch their noses or eyes while cinnamon is on their hands.
Have your child wash his or her hands without soap. The “germs” won’t come off.
Add soap—and watch those “germs” disappear!
While they’re washing:
1. Teach your kids to wash their hands frequently.
2. Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds — the time it takes to sing The Happy Birthday Song twice.
3. Remind your kids to wash their hands at school, too.
Looking for Tips?
- 5 Germiest Hot Spots in Your Home
- 5 Things to Donate to a Classroom
- 5 Things to Have Ready at Home for School
- 5 fun ideas for keeping kids clean
- 5-Day Planning Guide for Back-to-School
- Catching Germs at School
- Disinfect & Protect
- Don’t Take the Flu Back to School
- Don’t Take the Flu Back to Work
- Flu Facts
- Flu Prevention Tips
- Germ Games for Kids
- Practice good health habits
- Vaccine Q&A
Sign up now to help #StopTheSpread of cold & flu at home!
New Clorox® myStain™ App
A library of how-to tips and tricks for life's medley of mess.Show More