Cleaning & laundry tips
- Healthy Home
5 Germiest Hot Spots in Your Home
To make sure the germs your family brings home this cold and flu season
don’t stick around, pediatrician and Assistant Clinical Professor at Mattel
Children’s Hospital, Dr. Tanya Altmann, recommends the following tried-and-true tips.
Parents can help prevent the spread of germs by taking the same prevention steps the CDC recommends every cold and flu season:
- Showing kids how to wash their hands properly
- Teaching them to cough into elbows
- Disinfecting frequently touched surfaces with a disinfectant approved to kill cold and flu viruses, like Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes*
*Clorox® Disinfecting products kill 99.9 percent of germs that can live on surfaces for up to 48 hours, including Staph, E. coli, Salmonella and Strep.
To help parents uncover the germiest hot spots in their homes, The Clorox Company and NSF International studied¹ five common surfaces in homes of families with young children. Find out if your beliefs are reality!
¹Study conducted by NSF International from August to September 2014 in 20 households in the Detroit metropolitan area with at least one child under the age of six.
Click on infographic to find out more information about the 5 hotspots:
Looking for Tips?
- 5 Germiest Hot Spots in Your Home
- 5 Things to Donate to a Classroom
- 5 Things to Have Ready at Home for School
- 5 fun ideas for keeping kids clean
- 5-Day Planning Guide for Back-to-School
- Catching Germs at School
- Disinfect & Protect
- Don’t Take the Flu Back to School
- Don’t Take the Flu Back to Work
- Flu Facts
- Flu Prevention Tips
- Germ Games for Kids
- Practice good health habits
- Vaccine Q&A
Sign up now to help #StopTheSpread of cold & flu at home!
New Clorox® myStain™ App
A library of how-to tips and tricks for life's medley of mess.Show More