Cleaning & laundry tips
- Healthy Home
Tips to Help Prevent Mosquitoes Around Your Home
Mosquito bites can be more than just irritating; in some cases they can actually spread disease. One of the easiest ways to help prevent mosquito bites is to prevent mosquito breeding areas. Mosquitoes breed in standing water so it’s important to empty these areas around your home. In addition, because mosquito larvae feed on bacteria and other matter, cleaning the empty containers with bleach it is also important step.
Here are some simple steps you can take to help prevent mosquitoes in your outdoor areas:
- Discard all unnecessary containers where water may accumulate after a rainfall.
- For all other containers, remove any standing water and clean using a solution of water and Clorox® Regular-Bleach1 (1/2 cup of Clorox® Regular-Bleach1 per gallon of clean water); let air dry.
- Turn over all portable containers that are outdoors when not in use.
- Eliminate any water puddles.
- Change the water in small containers and flower vases every three days.
- Regularly unclog rain gutters.
Looking for Tips?
Sign up now to help #StopTheSpread of cold & flu at home!
New Clorox® myStain™ App
A library of how-to tips and tricks for life's medley of mess.Show More