Cleaning & laundry tips
- Healthy Home
What Pets Touch and How to Clean It
Although pets spend the majority of their days sleeping, eating, and sleeping some more, you’d be surprised as to just how many things they are coming in contact with spreading dirt and germs around your home. It’s time to track down what they’ve left their mark on, and start cleaning and disinfecting!
Put yourself in your pet’s paws for a day … What are they drinking from? Eating from? Where are their favorite spots in the house? Let’s not forget any litter boxes or toys!
- For hard, nonporous pet surfaces:
- Pre-wash pet surfaces by soaking or wiping with 1/2 cup of Clorox® Regular-Bleach2 mixed in one gallon of water. Rinse after five minutes. Allow surface areas to air dry.
- For dirty bowls, toys or other accessories:
- Use 1 tablespoon of Clorox® Regular-Bleach2 per 1 gallon of water. Start by taking your dirty pet bowl and rinsing thoroughly with water. Next, fill your pet’s bowl with the mixture and let stand for two minutes. Take any toys or accessories and throw them into the bowl. Let stand for another two minutes, drain, and air dry.
- For litter boxes:
- Use 3/4 cup of Clorox® Regular-Bleach2 per 1 gallon of water. Fill the litter box with the mixture, and let stand for five minutes. Once done, rinse the litter box and allow to air dry.
- For pets that need a good cleaning themselves:
- Give them a nice bath! Prior to bathing, brush your pet well to reduce chances of clogging. But for any hairs that do end up clogging the drain, use Liquid-Plumr® Hair Clog Eliminator™ or Liquid-Plumr® Full Clog Destroyer™ to clear your drains after the bath. Both will do the trick!
- Need to save yourself from the smell of wet fur? Look no further than this article.
Looking for Tips?
New Clorox® myStain™ App
A library of how-to tips and tricks for life's medley of mess.Show More